- Open Recruitment for Non-Fulltime Faculty Members for the 2020 Academic Year(Russian Language and Literature) (~5/4 mon)
- 게시글 내용
Announcement of Open Recruitment
for Non-Fulltime Faculty Members for the 2020 Academic Year
1. Areas of Recruitment
Email for application submission
Department of Russian Language and Literature
RUSSIAN DRILL(2), INTERMEDIATE RUSSIAN DRILL(2), ADVANCED RUSSIAN DRILL(2)
Foreign Language Visiting Professor
2. Required Qualifications for Application
A. Common Requirements
1) No grounds for disqualification to be appointed as a faculty member under the Private School Act and other statutes
2) Not subject to restrictions on employment under the Act on the Protection of Children and Juveniles against Sexual Abuse
B. Required Qualifications for Lecturers
1) A minimum of two years of education or research experience after receiving a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years of education or research experience after receiving an associate’s degree (technical/vocational college)
2) Less than 70 years old as of March 1, 2020 (appointment ends the last day of the semester in which the appointee turns 70 years old)
3) Non-Korean (foreign) applicants who currently hold a visa with employment authorization shall receive preferential treatment
C. Required Qualifications for Non-Fulltime Faculty Members other than Lecturers
1) A minimum of four years of education or research experience after receiving a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
2) A minimum of seven years of education or research experience after receiving an associate’s degree (technical/vocational college)
3) Required qualifications per type of position
Must meet one of the following requirements: current/former full-time professor at a Korean or foreign university; professional and academic experience in a related field; a minimum of two years of research/teaching experience after receiving a master’s degree
A person who is appointed to teach courses that are not based purely on academic theory or courses that require knowledge obtained through on-site work experience in the industry, such as experimentation skills. Must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Have expert knowledge in a related field and have duties at the primary company/institution similar to the research content of the course
2. A current employee who has been employed for a minimum of three years (permanent, full-time employee working in an office) at the institution where the main occupation is located (primary company/institution)
A minimum of one year of teaching/research experience after receiving a doctoral degree
Received a scholarly award for outstanding research achievements; made a groundbreaking contribution to the nation or society
Vice-minister level or higher in the government; CEO of a listed company; director of a government-funded research institute; outstanding achievements in a specialized field
Professor emphasizing industry-university cooperation
Must meet the requirements of “The Standards for Professors Emphasizing Industry-university Cooperation” produced by the Ministry of Education
3. Application Period
A. Application submission period: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 – Monday, May 4, 2020
※ If necessary, the application submission period may be extended for individual colleges/graduate schools.
B. Application submission method: e-mail (refer to the submission information for each position)
※ The name of the application file must contain the applicant’s affiliation and name (ex: Application_College of Management_Kim Yonsei)
※ Proof of research achievements must be submitted as a single PDF
4. Application Materials
Number of Copies
Personal information, application essay, list of research achievements, course syllabus
Proof of research achievements (optional)
A single PDF file that includes proof of three research accomplishments and performances from the last three years (ex: the first page of a published paper, performance posters, etc.)
Diploma and transcripts
* Lecturers: 1 copy of each of the diplomas for all bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees mentioned in the education background and corresponding transcripts
* Non-fulltime faculty members other than lecturers: 1 copy each of bachelor’s degree and final academic degree
Career and employment certificate
Proof of work experience listed in the resume or curriculum vitae
Certificate of business registration
Only required for individual business owners applying for an adjunct professor position
Copies of certificates, language test results, and driver’s license
Only required for relevant applicants
Personal information collection and usage agreement
Legal obligation (for finalists)
Privacy and security statement
Legal obligation (for finalists)
Agreement to submit to background check for sex crimes
Legal obligation (for finalists)
※ Individual colleges/schools may require additional documents other than those listed above.
5. Evaluation Procedure
A. The hiring process will be conducted in two rounds: the first is a document review followed by interviews, etc. (the second round of evaluations is optional).
B. Applicants will be individually notified of evaluation decisions after each round.
6. Duration of Appointment
A. Duration of appointment: beginning July 1, 2020 for one year
A. Submitted materials will not be returned to the applicant and appointments will be canceled if reasons for disqualification are discovered or if submitted materials are found to be inaccurate.
B. Finalists may be asked to submit additional documents as proof for claims made in their applications.
C. Applicants are entirely responsible for any errors or omissions in their applications, disadvantages received for submitting non-compliant applications, not being contactable, and not checking for notifications about their status as semi-finalists and finalists.
D. Positions may not be filled if qualified candidates are not found.
E. An appointment quota system for future academic generations may be considered during the evaluation process.
※ Appointment requirements for future academic generations lecturers:
1. Doctoral students who have yet to receive their course completion degrees (except for those in the natural sciences and engineering)
2. Doctoral candidates who are continuing their doctoral degrees after receiving their course completion degrees
3. Those who have received a doctoral course completion degree in the past three years
4. Junior scholars who have received a doctorate in the past three years
5. Postdoctoral researchers
6. Scholar with 2–7 years of teaching and research experience after receiving a bachelor’s degree (limited to those in the fields of art, music, and physical education)
F. Subjects not stated in this announcement shall follow related Yonsei University regulations.
Appendix 1. Application Form for Open Recruitment.
Dean of Academic Affairs, Yonsei University* Please refer to the attached file for job openings and applications.